- 1 cup (2 sticks), softened butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 11-oz. package butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup additional butterscotch chips
Recipe By Lynda Marren
1. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla together in a standing mixer for 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat 2 minutes more.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and oatmeal in a large bowl.
3. Add butter and sugar mixture to dry ingredients and sprinkle in butterscotch chips. Combine with clean hands.
4. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place balls in refrigerator for one hour or in freezer for up to 6 weeks.
5. To Bake: Preheat oven to 375°. Place cold balls of dough on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Wet hands with warm water and press down firmly to make thin cookies that will turn crisp.
6. Top with additional butterscotch chips. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes until crisp on edges.