- 2 oz Old Overholt Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 oz Gingerbread Syrup
- 1/2 oz BroVo Spirits Douglas Fir Liqueur
- 1 dash Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters
- 1 dash Sun Liquor Herbal Bitters
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup minced ginger (peel ginger first)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Gingergread Man Old Fashioned:
Combine all ingredients ina mixing glass.
Add ice to mixing glass.
Stir for 15 seconds.
Strain into rocks glass over one large ice cube.
Garnish with candied ginger on a bamboo pick.
Combine sugar and water in sauce pan and heat till sugar dssolves.
Add ginger and bring to boil.
Reduce to simmer and add nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove.
Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Let cool at room temperature for two hours.
Strain (push down on ginger particles for full extraction).
Place in bottle and refridgerate.