For more brunch bites and ideas, check out New Seasons Brunch tasting event April 8 and 9, 2017.
- 8 oz. asparagus (preferably thin spears), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp tarragon – minced
- 1 tsp chives – minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Laura Chenel Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus pieces and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain into a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, milk, tarragon, chives, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously to break up the ricotta cheese. Add ¼ cup of the goat cheese, crumbled and mix gently.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the asparagus throughout the egg mixture, then top with the remaining goat cheese Bake until the egg is just set and a small, sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let the quiche rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 6 wedges. Serve.