Sweet Scoop From Alexander's Patisserie
With Valentine's Day coming up, we sat down with Chef Dries Delanghe from Alexander's Patisserie to get his sweet scoop about the patisserie and desserts.
1. We all know that February is the month of love, which means people indulge in tasty treats! What specials will Alexander's Patisserie be serving next month to celebrate?
Alexander's Patisserie will have heart-shaped macarons with a raspberry and rose ganache filling. We will have a selection of four different flavors of heart-shaped chocolate bonbons. The flavors will be champagne, dark chocolate, passion fruit and raspberry. We will also have a bigger sized entremet with chocolate, raspberry and pistachio flavors and an individual sized mousse cake in the shape of a heart with caramel flavors.
2. When your sweet tooth kicks in, what's your dessert of choice?
I don't really go for dessert when my sweet tooth kicks in. I snack on chocolate. When I go out for dinner I usually get ice cream for dessert, a nice scoop of ice cream always hits the spot. And I'm a sucker for candies, especially Sour Patch Kids.
3. What makes Alexander's Patisserie desserts stand out?
What makes us stand out and probably the thing I want to emphasize most is that everything is made in-house from scratch every day, nothing is outsourced. We use the highest quality of ingredients that are available on the market which we create wonderful tasty treats with.
4. What's a simple sweet snack our readers at home can make for their families and loved ones in February?
I always loved making crepes at home when I was younger, I would make them together with my younger brother and sister. It was always nice to make it all together for the whole family and eat crepes on a Sunday afternoon. For Valentine's Day, I would say to make a nice Chocolate Moelleax (Molten Chocolate Cake) for your loved ones or family, served with some vanilla ice cream. It is really good and easy to make.
5. What's a cooking tip you always stand by when it comes to making delicious desserts?
When you make something, do it with love and passion. It will already be better and it will satisfy you more. Also don't be scared to give your own personal twist to a recipe when you cook or bake at home, you don't always have to follow the recipe by the letter.
Visit Alexander's Patisserie on Facebook for more updates and gorgeous dessert photos!