- 1½ pounds (about 2 medium) sweet potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice (either peel or leave the skins on)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 corn tortillas, charred or warmed
- 8 sprigs cilantro, stems removed
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion, black beans, oil, chili powder and salt. Stir or toss until everything is coated with the oil and seasonings.
Spread out the mixture on the baking sheet in as even a layer as possible. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and beginning to brown.
While the sweet potato and black bean filling is baking, make the crema. In a wide-mouthed
pint jar, combine the avocado, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Use an immersion blender to process until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if needed.
Spoon the sweet potato filling into charred or warmed tortillas, top each taco with a generous dollop of crema and then sprinkle cilantro and green onions on top.