- 6 ounces of boiling water (+ more to heat mug)
- 2 tablespoons spiced butter*
- 1½ ounces aged rum
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Spiced Butter: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in refrigerator.
Hot Buttered Rum: Take a coffee cup or hot beverage mug and fill with hot water for 1 minute. Discard water and dissolve 2 tablespoons spiced butter in 6 ounces of boiling water, add 1½ ounces aged rum, stir and enjoy.