1. In a large bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon vanilla and ½ teaspoon salt.
2. Place 1 cup fresh raspberries in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves and crush together with a fork. Place 1 cup Nutella in another small bowl. Let you r loved ones decide if they want Nutella, raspberry or both!
3. Place two thick slices of country bread (brioche or a Pullman loaf, don’t use sourdough) on a cutting board, planning on two slices of bread per person.
4. Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut hearts out of one of the slices of bread. Repeat with half of remaining slices, and set hearts aside.
5. Dip the un-cut bread slices in egg mixture and let soak for 1 minute.
6. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the un-cut bread slices until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to warm plates.
7. Dip and cook the cutout hearts and place one on each plate. Spread the un-cut slices with raspberries or Nutella (or both).
8. Finally, dip and cook the cut-out bread, and place on top of un-cut slices. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with love!