1. Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic cloves and sauté until they begin to brown, 3 to 4 mintues. Remove from heat and stir in the nuts and seeds, coating them well with oil.
3. Stir together the maple syrup and spices in a large bowl. Add the nuts, garlic, and seeds to the bowl, stirring to make sure each is coated well.
4. Trasfer the nuts and seeds to the two prepared baking sheets, spreading them evenly in a asingle layer.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and stir. Bake 10 to 15 more minutes. Nuts will look brown and smell fragrant wehn done, and willc risp as they cool. Transfer to cool baking sheets to spped the cooling process. Taste before serving in a sowl, and sprikle with more salt, if desired. Store in a cool dry place covered to keep crisp for several days.