Edible Silicon Valley is looking for enthusiastic and highly self-motivated, independent advertising sales people to sell advertising for our regional food + lifestyle print magazine, online website, newsletter and local sponsorship opportunities.
WORK FROM HOME– PART TIME, FULL TIME or supplement other work. This is a Commission-Only position, and allows you to be flexible and schedule your own work hours and assignments as an independent contractor. You will be paid a direct commission on advertising and partner packages sold, and there is no revenue cap associated with this position.
We are looking for sales people in both the South Bay /Santa Clara County and Peninsula/San Mateo County areas, and ideal candidates should live in this region.
Along with sales experience, you must love food and beverages and be connected to this community and region by knowledge or affiliation. You must also possess a working knowledge of advertising and sponsorships, and be able to pitch, communicate and connect with local businesses in the food, drink, health, and lifestyle segments that will benefit from reaching the Edible Silicon Valley audience in the magazine and online.
We seasonally reach an audience of over 100,000 local foodies, families and fresh thinkers through our award-winning print magazine, online guides and resources, and our exclusive local-focused newsletter. Our core magazine is published 4-5X per year and is offered through subscription as well as targeted community partner distribution at advertisers, farmers markets, community markets, wineries, hotels, restaurants, event venues and corporate eateries and cafes. Our website at EdibleSiliconValley.com presents dynamic content year-round including articles, blog posts, seasonal recipes, event calendars and dining guides. And our popular sponsored email newsletters connect locals to current food and wine events and news. We maintain social channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to continue to provide connection for our community to what is fresh, seasonal and local.
The exceptional candidate will :
- be a local, and be knowledgeable of the local food and drink scene, and related businesses (restaurants, wineries, caterers, product companies, artisanal products, hotels, event venues and sponsors, cooking schools, community markets, garden supply locations, venues.
- have proven advertising sales and sales closing skills in person, on the phone, and through e-mail communications.
- know how to manage a sales pipeline and ongoing contracts with accounts, with ability to up sell and promote sponsorship opportunities and additional exposure for clients.
- have a proven track record of both PRINT and DIGITAL ad sales success,
- work well under deadlines, and possess a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
- be confident and comfortable using personal computers, software and tools to organize contacts, and social media. And be willing to learn new crm systems.
- be adept at initiating in-person meetings, developing pitch letters and proposals, prospecting contacts with both small businesses and creative agencies.
If you are looking to combine your foodie passion and drive for sales success with a energized desire to connect our fresh, local and healthy community, send us your resume and contact information to email@example.com and some more details about your experience and qualifications. We can send you a more detailed job description.
Edible Silicon Valley is a licensed affiliate of the award-winning Edible Media Communities, which are made up of over 100 regional Edible magazines and media businesses throughout the US and Canada, reaching over 6 million people per year, and providing possible combined area sales opportunities, skill-building and leverage for performing sales representatives.